Scrivener's Buying Guidelines
We are always interested in:
- Good quality hardbacks and paperbacks particularly Modern and Classic fiction,
Drama and Poetry, Children’s books, Graphic Novels, The Peak District, Climbing,
Transport, Philosophy, Sociology and Psychology, Music, Puppetry, Magic
and Theatre, Stonemasonry, Blacksmithing and Woodworking, Counterculture,
Art and Design, Architecture.
- Antiquarian Books: Books printed before 1900, Books with fine bindings,
Handwritten books, Notebooks or Ledgers, Early illustrated books.
- Maps, Prints, Photographs, Postcards, Sheet Music and Ephemera.
Generally we can’t take:
- Books published in huge numbers or books by previously popular but now
- Out-of-date Text books, Travel Guides, Encyclopaedias and books on
Law, Business and Management, Dieting or anything by Jeffrey Archer or
- Books in Poor Condition – unless antiquarian, rare or curious.
If in doubt bring us the books but please don’t mind if we say ‘no’.
We ask that you collect unwanted books quickly as we have no storage for
Please contact us on 01298 73100 or email
us at email@example.com to talk to us about your books or
arrange a time to bring them in.
For large collections, or if you have difficulty getting to the bookshop,
please call us.